Going on long drives with the wind touching your face and caressing your hair is an amazing feeling. While that may sound picturesque and Instagram worthy for sometimes, but ultimately you are liable to get tired and the driving itself can become a chore. But there is a solution to reach your destination while also enjoying the ride- to get an additional driver to share the driving duties.
How to get an additional driver?
When renting a vehicle from Toronto car rental or other places, there are some tricks to ensure that you get one at the best possible rate and flexibility.
Tips to get a reliable driver:
Get someone you trust
Know the person you are adding to the rental contract as a driver alongside yourself. Trust is important in making this choice and from both sides because if something happens then both of you will be liable.
Have a clean record
Rental outlets operate by a set of regulations which specify the instructions and criteria necessary for renting a Toronto car rental. All these criteria also extend out to the additional driver. One must have a clean driving record because these outlets want to ensure that whoever gets behind the wheel can be trusted and is responsible. So here’s what the additional driver will need to show:
A valid driver’s license
- A clean driving record from DWI, DUI or any reckless driving charges for a period of at least 36 months.
- Have a record of fewer than three accidents in a period of the last 36 months.
- Not be in ownership or possession of a stolen vehicle or one used to commit a crime.
- Individual rental outlets require specific information so make sure to ask before you enlist the additional driver.
Understanding the cost
The pricing structure for various outlets is different. Remember to ask the rental service for accurate information regarding it and how it is applicable to your situation and contract. Understand the way of pricing and rates carefully so that you can get the best deal out of it. Here’s a basic guideline:
- Additional drivers can be free if they are coworkers and the Toronto car rental is paid for by the company.
- Adding your domestic partner or spouse is free
- If you have a disability then getting an additional driver is usually free.
- Keep an eye on potential promotional offers as additional charges can be removed or reduced.
- Even in other cases where a fee is required, the amount can be quite nominal.
There are some rental agencies which do allow having an infinite number of the additional driver. This is a great option to consider if you are with friends on a long distance road trip, have to rent a heavy vehicle to move or are taking a vehicle out to a cottage and plan to use the Toronto car rental for supply trips. Basically, this is a great plan to consider if you are unsure of how many drivers you will need and need more flexibility.
Before enlisting an additional driver used to be painful but now it is easy. One just needs to keep an eye out and know about all the details before signing anything.